an IDEA (for USA Federal legislation) - Proposed by a USA citizen (2018)
Ms. Susan Marie Cassady-Neuhart. [ fancy pdf ( 3 pages ) ]
Susan is a "constituent" of Congressman Michael Turner's District [OH10] :: located in Dayton, Ohio.
Although this "idea" was sent to President Trump's offices ( as an idea - in April of 2017) - this Bill [as an "idea"] OR [draft FOR USA Congressional consideration] has never been introduced in the USA House of Representatives - or, the USA Congressional Senate. Rob Portman and Sherrod Brown - are Susan's USA Senators - in modern times. Former USA President - Harry S. Truman - was labeled a "communist" for his introduction of this idea - in 1945. The "ideas" represented - in this draft presentation - require a " Noble Champion" .
FUNDING: This Bill's objectives would be funded by a NEW fair tax - on ALL Americans; Which, they [all Americans] will gladly pay - in the same manner they do pay a modest Social Security tax; because all Americans will YES - Have Health-Care - and, they will not have to pay Private Insurance Companies - a dime - in premiums. All USA businesses will welcome this idea: because, THEY will not have to provide Health Insurance benefits - for their employees anymore. As a former business owner - with 4+ employees - Susan knows (In fact), this is one of the largest expenses - that USA businesses are forced to pay ( on a "global playing field" ) - to retain qualified and reliable employees - no matter their size - is Employee Health Care.
SHORT TITLE : The American Health Act [AHA] ( From Obama CARE TO "Trump CARE" )
This bill: Summarized herein [...] - has 32 main legal implications. Thus, USA laws will need to be changed and passed.
Precedent: 1945-harry-truman-calls-for national-health-insurance-program :: PBS Quote: "...Almost as soon as the ... bill was announced, the …-powerful American Medical Association (AMA) capitalized on the nation’s paranoia over the threat of Communism and, despite Truman’s assertions to the contrary, attacked the bill as “socialized medicine. .." Even more outrageous, the AMA derided the Truman administration as “followers of the Moscow party line. ... Then, during congressional hearings (in 1946), the AMA proposed its own plan emphasizing private insurance options, which actually represented a political shift from its previous position opposing any 3rd party members in the delivery of health care. ..." ” [NOTE: THIS IS WHAT MR. TRUMP WOULD NEED TO BE ABLE TO STAND UP TO. However, if he can, he will be hailed as a "hero" - by the American people.]
SUMMARY PRESENTATION: This Bill: Has 2 main objectives:
[ 1 ] The primary objective of the Act is to protect, promote and restore the physical and mental well-being of citizens of the USA - and, to facilitate reasonable access to health services - through out America - without financial, physical or other barriers. We are all Americans! And, America is a great country. This ACT takes a step to re-claim our international heritage - as a world-leader in all things.
[ 2 ] Another objective of the American Health Act is: continued access to quality health care without financial or other barriers - for all Americans; as this will be critical to maintaining and improving the health and well-being of all Americans - during any transition from "Obama Care" to "Trump Care".
TO ACCOMPLISH ITS OBJECTIVES THE BILL - lists a set of criteria and conditions (drafted below) that each state - in our Union of 50 States - must follow in order to receive Federal Transfer Payments (FTPs). At the highest level the "criteria and conditions" may be summarized as:
A) Public Administration - by States - 4 new laws
B) Comprehensiveness & Universality - 8 new laws
C) Portability - 2 new laws
D) Accessibility - 6 new laws
- and E) Penalties - 12 new laws
The criteria -AND- conditions - to be met by each state AHA provider are as follows:
A) Public administration
1. All AHA medical and health related services and entities must be "administered" and "operated" on a non-profit basis by licensed Medical Professionals - responsible (only) to US State governments and their medical peers.
2. The "entities" administered and operated are subject to audits of their records, accounts and financial transactions - by State Government and AHA officials.
3. Elimination: All so-called and in reality "Private Insurance Companies -AND Carriers" shall be eliminated (by this ACT) - until time and experience provides sufficient proof they are necessary - for any practical reason.
( That is, no one - on earth - should benefit from the pain and suffering - of an American citizen.)
4. An ACT of the US Congress - shall be necessary to reverse the previous provision of "elimination".
B) Comprehensiveness - & -Universality
1. There shall be no such entity - in the United States of America - as a "noninsured citizen".
2. That is, every United States citizen (born and living) shall be covered and cared for – by reasonably re-numerated Medical Professionals.
3. All AHA services shall be provided in excellent "World Class" American Medical Facilities - as required and needed - with no apportionment - related to a State's individual wealth or population.
4. The AHA shall cover all health services provided by Medical Professionals in these facilities ( in every state) - including (as needed) psychiatry and dentistry.
5. The fees (for AHA services) that may be charged - by Medical Professionals - are as described and stated in the current published USA Medicare program documents (2017).
6. If Medical Professionals wish to offer services - that are not currently described by USA Medicare program documents - they may do so; however, those "additional services" shall be provided on a private business basis - and, not covered or administered by the AHA; however, all FDA -AND- USHHS rules and regulations shall apply -AND- be enforced.
7. No Medical Professional (employed to provide services - under the AHA) - shall be permitted to simultaneously provide private business services.
8. The states are permitted, to offer additional "distinguishing" medical and dental services; however, these "additional services" shall be paid for exclusively by State Transfer Payments (STPs). These STPs shall be administered by the States - and, they may not be made fungible - or, made a part of the AHA ( FTP) funds - in any manner.
1. States shall be responsible for their state citizens - who are temporarily in another state - for purposes of work, travel, visiting, etc.
2. "Temporary" from more "permanent" relocation status shall be determined - using 90 days as a standard maximum - to make the distinction ( of permanent versus temporary resident) at the program's start.
1. The AHA shall provide Medical Professionals with the means to provide uniform "reasonable access" to services offered for USA citizens - using all modes of public USA transportation systems ( including trains, plains, buses, taxis, etc.) on uniform terms and conditions.
2. Medical Professionals ( after licensure) shall be at liberty to "move about" in America -and, subsequently licensed in other US states.
3. All AHA services shall be provided in similar and comparable "World Class" medical facilities - located in every state in America.
4. There shall be no "extra-billing" - of any American citizen - for any AHA services rendered.
5. Specifically, Medical Professionals in every American location - which, they choose to be located in - shall be re-numerated - at the same AHA rate (per specialty) – adjusted only for provable State "cost-of-living" differences - which, are not "controllable" by other means - such as, medical facility offerings. ( For example, AHA Medical Facilities may provide Medical Professional dormitories, meal rooms, laundries etc.) 6. AHA Medical Professional day-to-day travel expenses shall not be reimbursed – through AHA funds. This is to encourage employed AHA Medical Professionals, to live near - where they choose to work - which, will result in improved inner-city areas.
1. The states shall ensure recognition of the Federal Transfer Payments ( FTPs) by public-ally viewable documents - modeled after modern transaction receipts (on state web sites, etc.)
2. States shall provide information to appointed AHA officers as requested. The AHA shall mandate a Director - with staff.
3. The size and scope of the AHA "directorate" shall dictate its annual budget.
4. The AHA Federally designated Director and their "staff" is entitled to request and receive specific information related to a state's AHA health care services.
5. This "information" shall be used in drafting AHA annual reports ( to Congress) - which shall be made available and presented to the American people - regarding how each state has administered its AHA health care services over the previous year.
6. This information shall be provided on a timely basis (to the AHA staff) - on a level of detail – as requested by the AHA Federally designated "staff".
7. The AHA "Director" shall be appointed by the current President of the United States (during her or his term) - and, no confirmation ( by the US Congress ) is required.
8. Each AHA Director ( so named ) - shall offer their resignation - at the end of the "appointing President's" term.
9. Each state must "give recognition" to the USA federal government ( as the "ultimate provider" of AHA services ) in public documents and in any advertising or promotional material, relating to Federal AHA health services in the state.
10. For non-compliance - with any of the criteria listed above - the federal government ( upon proof) shall withhold all or a part of the Federal Transfer Payment.
11. The federal government shall actively enforce these criteria - utilizing all eligible enforcement capabilities of its departments: DOJ, etc.
12. Specifically, in recognition of the "status", "privilege" and "honor" that American society confers on “licensed Medical Professionals”, no "Medical Professional" shall be permitted to:
a) organize "unions",
b) go on "strike" -
or, c) take actions to undermine the intent of the AHA - without risk to their State and Federally granted medical licenses.
[ end of idea - as proposed by USA Citizen > Susan Marie [Cassady]-Neuhart AND Harry S. Truman ]